Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blogging, Episode Four: A New Hope

In case you couldn't tell from the title of this post, I'm a giant nerd. I read all the time and I think WAY too much about everything. Sports included.

That's the problem. I love NASCAR, and occasionally write about it on my primary blog (which is almost five years old... sniff, so proud of my baby), but those posts don't get a lot of traffic because they're mixed in with whatever else I want to write about.

I know - I have to believe - that there are other racing fans out there looking for a spot on the Internet to talk about this sport that we love (and other topics related to it), but in a different way than you typically find in fan forums. (Example: "My drivers the best! You're driver sux and is gay! And his girlfriemd if fugly!")

So I hope other racing fans find this and get something out of it. I really, really hope that people who are afraid of NASCAR fans because of the prevailing cultural narrative that we love guns and hate teeth find something here to change their minds. I hope you'll comment and start a conversation, but if you just want to lurk, that's cool too.

I'm going to post a few NASCAR-related posts from my old blog, just to get things going, and I'll be back soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment